Global Relief Activities of Poor and Ecumenical Society(GRAPES) is a secular grass root level social service voluntary organisation established in 2004 under the provisions of societies registration act, 35 of 2001. The organisation was formed with the co-operation of dedicated social workers and enthusiastic service minded group with a view to help the helpless rural poor community through various developmental activities.
The birth of Global Relief Activities of Poor and Ecumenical Society(GRAPES) is a response, indeed an emotional one to the problems of illiteracy, ignorance, ill health, malnutrition, unemployment and inadequate medical and educational facilities that were widely prevalent in backward villages in Singarayakonda mandal of Prakasam district. Hence the organisation formed with no profit motive and dedicated to solving the identified problems.
V Rama Devi
T Masthan James
P Giri Babu
Founder / Director
Jaswanth Reddy V
Operations / communication
K Tamil Selvam
Management / HR
Aims & Objectives
The main aims and objectives are, to resist atrocities and social injustice and oppression of rural people to promote self-dignity and self-reliance to fight for their deprived human rights. Some of the supportive objectives are as follows:
- To create and promote awareness to secure their rights and solve their common problems collectively.
- To apply appropriate technology at micro and macro levels to enable the poor to utilize effectively resources available within and outside their communities and there by improve their economic conditions.
- To emancipate women from exploitation and gender inequality.
- To build up peoples movement to help themselves through their ‘sanghams’ and creating and establishing a suitable system.
- To establish training/vocational training centres to train youth and women to develop their skills and create self-employment.
- To promote leadership and make them as change agents.